I was kind of shocked last week when someone we know was concerned that we would arrive in Kenya and be sitting round twiddling our thumbs.
That would be the biggest joke of the century!
So, what will we be up to you may ask?
Here’s a list of just some of the things we actually will be doing:
- Monday morning meetings with the Afri-Lift team
- Training of administration staff
- Book writing
- Photographing and videoing promotional material
- Running youth camps
- Hosting visitors from overseas
- Taking teams to places such as Mount Kilimanjaro, safari parks, bike riding tours etc
- Overseeing creation of buildings
- Teaching agricultural trainees
- School ministry trips
- Facilitating the building of a boarding school
- Involved in supporting all the different ministries of Afri-Lift
- Two days a week working on water projects for BeyondWater
- Last weekend of the month out in the field working with communities about water projects
So, while we will be having the odd coffee at the mall, there won’t be much time sitting around!